1. Acquisition of personal information
(2) Regarding personal information that is sensitive and requires special care, our Company will obtain prior consent from the person concerned before acquiring any such personal information to the extent that it is deemed necessary to conduct business, except in cases where exceptions are made under the Personal Information Protection Act.
2. Use of personal information
Our Company will use personal information that is provided for the following purposes or for separately notified purposes. We will not use personal information beyond this scope without the consent of the person concerned, except where permitted by the Personal Information Protection Act.
(1) To provide products and services related to our business activities, including the following examples:
Examples of our Company’s business activities
▪ Acquisition and management of secondary licensing rights for intellectual property rights, mainly for character works and lifestyle brands
▪ Commercialization of intellectual property rights and licence leasing for sales promotions, focused on copyrights and trademark rights
▪ Coordination for original art exhibitions, goods sales events, and distribution development
▪ Coordination of domestic and overseas product and corporate transactions
▪ Product design planning and manufacturing
The following are examples of purposes of use:
▪ Fulfillment of various contracts with Customers, including licensing of intellectual property rights, collection of royalties, management of contracts, and dealing with infringement of intellectual property rights
▪ Management of business partners
▪ Research and analysis of marketing data, along with consideration and implementation of marketing strategies
▪ To improve products and services, as well as to plan, research, and develop new products and services
(2) To introduce products and services handled by our Company and events in which our Company participate and to conduct sales activities, including sending out leaflets, direct mail, email newsletters, and gifts to Customers to introduce our products and services that we believe useful, through analysis of information acquired from browsing and transaction histories
(3) To respond to and record inquiries and complaints made to our Company
(4) To manage employment of our Company’s executives and employees (including business communications, attendance, personnel evaluations, payroll administration, welfare benefits, maintaining office security, and recruitment selection) and to operate offices as well as prevent and respond to malpractice
(5) To conduct business in order to carry out other business incidental to the above, as well as appropriate and smooth implementation of our Company’s business activities and Customer transactions, such as contacting Customers for confirmation that we deem necessary for business
(6) To provide personal information to third parties in order to achieve above purposes of use (1) – (5)
3. Handling of subcontractors
At our Company, in order to conduct our business smoothly, we may outsource the handling of personal information to a partner company (such as a subcontractor for information processing) that we deem appropriate to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes of use listed in the above 2. Use of personal information. In such cases, in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act, our Company will conduct the necessary and appropriate supervision of the subcontractor, such as by entering into agreements covering confidentiality and the handling of personal information.
4. Provision of personal information to third parties
We will not provide personal information to third parties without the consent of the Customer, except where permitted by the Personal Information Protection Act and other laws and regulations. In the event that we do provide personal information to third parties based on the consent of the Customer, it will only be to the extent that we deem appropriate necessary to promote the business set out in our Company’s business objectives and to achieve the purposes of use listed in the above 2. Use of personal information.
5. Shared use of personal information
Personal information held by our Company will be shared as follows
1) Items of personal data subject to shared use
Name, address, telephone number, email address, fax number, age, date of birth, transaction history, occupation, position, and personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes of use listed in the above 2. Use of personal information.
2) Scope of parties for shared use
Kinoshita Group For more information regarding Kinoshita Group’s companies and business content, please see here.
3) Purpose of shared use
i) Purposes of use listed in the above 2. Use of personal information.
ii) Purposes of use related to the provision of information of the various products and services, shipping of products, after-sales service, surveys, announcements of new products and services, and other related business activities by each company listed in the above 5.2) Scope of parties for shared use.
4) Party responsible for management of shared use
Our Company (for more information regarding our Company and Representative, please see here).
6. Procedure for dealing with requests for disclosure of retained personal data
1) Requests for notification of purpose of use, disclosure of retained personal data or records of shared use with third parties
i) In the event that our Company receives a request by mail using our designated form from the Customer themself for notification of the purpose of use, disclosure of personal data held for that person concerned, or records of shared use with third parties, after confirming that person’s identity, we will respond appropriately and without delay, within a reasonable scope, to that request in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act and other laws and regulations. However, disclosure may not be made if one of the following cases applies. If a disclosure will not be made or if the purported retained data does not exist, a response will be given to that effect.
① When there is a risk that disclosure may harm the life, body, property, or any other rights or interests of the person concerned or third party
② When there is a risk that disclosure may significantly interfere with the proper performance of our Company’s business duties
③ When disclosure would result in a violation of law and regulations
④ When it cannot be confirmed that the request for disclosure has been made by the actual person concerned
ii) Please note that there is a handling fee of JPY 1,600 per request for disclosure.
2) Requests for correction, addition, deletion, or cessation of use or erasure of Personal Information or cessation of provision to third parties
In the event that our Company receives a request by mail using our designated form from the Customer themself for correction, addition, deletion, or cessation of use or erasure of personal data held for that person concerned, or a request for cessation of provision of that data to third parties, after confirming that person’s identity, we will respond appropriately and without delay, within a reasonable scope, to that request in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act and other laws and regulations.
3) Process for dealing with the above requests 1) and 2)
i) Requests should be made to the contact below (8. Contact for inquiries and complaints regarding Personal Information).
ii) We will verify the identity of the person making the request, according to the appropriate method pertaining to that request. If the disclosure is made through an agent, the identity of that agent will also be verified.
iii) Regarding requests for notification of use and disclosure of personal information laid out in 1) above, please send a fixed-amount postal money order (issued by the Post Office) to the amount of JPY 1,600 along with the request form. If the fee is insufficient or has not been enclosed with the request, we will contact you to that effect and in the case that the fee is not paid within the prescribed period, we will treat it as if no request has been made. No fee is required to be paid for requests pertaining to correction of personal data or cessation of use.
※ The cost of postage to our Company and the issuance fee for the fixed-amount postal money order shall be borne by the Customer.
7. Safety management measures
Our Company will properly manage the personal information that we handle through our internal management system and employee training, and will take necessary and appropriate measures to prevent leakage, loss, or damage of personal information and to manage personal information safely. For more details, please inquire through the contact below (8. Contact for inquiries and complaints regarding Personal Information).
8. Contact for inquiries and complaints regarding Personal Information
Please contact us regarding questions, complaints, or other inquiries about the handling of personal information.
Contact for inquiries regarding Personal Information:
Shinjuku i-Land Tower 29th Floor (Reception 30th Floor) P.O. Box 1540, 6-5-1 Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 163-1329 * Moved to new location on October 1, 2023
TEL： 03-6459-2923 (9:00 – 18:00 / weekdays only)
Personal Information Manager: Our Company’s President & CEO – please see here for more information.
2) We use Google Analytics provided by Google. We may receive results of Google’s collection and analysis of users’ browsing history of our website, based on the cookies that either our Company or Google set, and use those results to better understand users’ use of our website and services. For more information on how data is handled by Google Analytics, please visit the Google company website.
2. SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)
This website supports SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) in order to protect the personal information of the website users. SSL is a protocol for securing communication by encrypting information sent and received over the Internet. Using a security-compliant browser, including various website browsers, means that personal information, such as names, addresses, and telephone numbers, that you input is automatically encrypted before being sent and received, therefore if the transmitted data is intercepted by a third party, there is no risk of the contents being read.
If you are using a browser that does not support SSL, you may not be able to access the website or to input information.
3. Intellectual Property Rights
The graphics, photographs, videos, designs, text, music, sounds, portraits, programs, trademarks, logos, trade names, as well as the character designs and other items that appear on this website are intellectual property for which our Company, or the rights holders (hereinafter, “Rights Holders”) who have authorized use by our Company, have the right to use under copyright law, trademark law, and other laws and regulations.
It is prohibited to reproduce, alter, publish, upload, post, distribute, or reprint this intellectual property without permission from our Company, except for uses permitted by law.
4. Links to this website
Websites linked to this website that are managed and operated by third parties other than our Company are not under our control and therefore our Company takes no responsibility for any damage caused by using the content or services of those linked websites.
5. Governing law and jurisdiction
Use of this website and the interpretation and application of this site policy and its conditions of use shall be governed by the laws of Japan. Unless otherwise specified, all disputes arising in connection with the use of this website shall be subject in the first instance to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court